|Subject:||Response to Tholians|
* The Seal of the United Federation of Planets disappears and is replaced with the image of Federation President Rothman, standing behind a podium. *
Members of the press. Today I send a message to the Tholian Assembly.
* The President clears his throat. *
It is a message of condolence. We are truly saddened by the loss of your Ambassador and his ship, even more so that it happened within our own borders. Furthermore, I can assure you that the Federation is doing everything within its power to discovered the culprits behind this heinous act. However, that will take time.
* Rothman shifts slightly. *
We are currently investigating the origins of the Galaxy-class vessel that attacked your vessel. I can assure you that it was not one of Starfleets, and that other galactic power have been known to use our ship designs. While I can not discuss such matters in public, as it would hamper the investigation, I invite the Tholians to send a magistrate of sorts to work with our people. We will gladly share with you everything we have discovered, but in private.
* Rothman scans the crowd of reporters for a moment, gazing at them. *
Finally, I address those who committed this act of violence. The Federation will not tolerate the slandering of its name. When you are apprehended, I can assure you to punishment will be swift and just.
* Rothman steps down from the podium. *