HoloTrek's skills system provides an IC way to determine combat hit/miss and other succeed/fail outcomes. All characters start with base skill levels and a base ammount of skill points based on their species. You can use your skill points to increase your skills, and you get more skill points by being nominated for good RP by other players.
- Show your skills and how many skill points you have left.
- @incskill <skill>
- Increment a skill by one level. This costs one-half of the new skill level in skill points, rounded down. For example, to raise melee from 5 to 6 would cost you 3 skill points.
- @decskill <skill>
- Decrement a skill by one level. ** THIS WILL NOT RESTORE SKILL POINTS **
- @nominate <character>
- This will nominate a character for good RP. You must specify an adequate reason, or your nomination will be rejected by the Q, and your @nominate privilages may be revoked. You are allowed to @nominate twice each week.
- @skillroll <skill> [private]
- This will roll a skill check, displaying the succeed/fail message to the room, or, if "private" is specified as the second argument, to you only.
- @skillroll <skill> with modifier <modifier>
- This will roll a skill check with the specified modifier and display the succeed/fail message to the room. Positive modifiers skew a skill roll towards the success end of the scale, while negative modifiers skew a skill roll towards the failure end. A modifier is just a number which is effectively added to the skill level prior to determining whether it passes or fails.
Please note: When specifying a skill, use only the FIRST WORD of the skill name.